The introduction procedure is the same for every variety of fish.
The only difference with this type of fish is that they are more likely to attack new fish because they instinctivly defend their territory in the aquarium. To prevent this there are a few measures you can take.
- It is very important that you feed the existing fish before you introduce the new ones.
- Turn off the lights
- Rearrange the décor in the tank, this will confuse the existing fish and lead them to believe that they are in new territory. This will help to reduce territorial aggression.
- Introduce the new stock in groups of at least 5 – 6
- Follow the introduction procedure as normal
- But leave the light of for 4 or 5 hours
- When you turn on the light wait for 20 minutes and give them a small feed