The first filter change should take place at 8 weeks, and every 6 weeks thereafter.
To change the filters simply;
- Plug out the mains
- Detach and remove the pump
- Lift out both filter sponges
- Place the (old top sponge) on the bottom of the filter chamber.
- Do not clean this sponge no matter how dirty it is.
- Then simply place the new sponge on top.
- Only replace One sponge every 6 weeks.
- We recommend you add (tetra EasyBalance) at this stage . This treatment reduces nitrates, which will help to control algae and reduce the need for partial water changes
- Your tank may look a little cloudy after you replace a filter; this is common and should clear up in about 1 hour.
- Remember your filters rely on bacteria to consume waste .It is a very bad idea to clean your filters more than 50% at any one time. Always us a filter treatment e.g. (stress zyme) when you replace or rinse your filters.